Monday, November 3, 2008

I picked this image up from Jezebel. It pretty much sums up how I have felt about this election from the beginning, and by the beginning, I mean 18 months ago. This is one of the rare instances in my life where I've felt absolutely sure about something without any doubts or anxieties or unsureness. I knew that Obama would beat Hillary Clinton, and then go on to trounce John McCain. It was one of those gut feelings that you can't ignore. I figured that once people got to know him, got to take his measure, they would think and feel exactly as I did, that here was someone who was so extraordinary, there was no other response except to say, "Yes." So, don't say anything to me about how you're worried, that you don't want to think that he can win because if he loses it will be too devastating. Just. Believe.

3 comments:

Ingrid persaud said...

Robin,

So anxious before election but got a great laugh from your post and the photo...

Will write again soon

Pam J. said...

As one of the people who whined to you during those 18 months that I was "worried" and that I "don't want to think that he can win because if he loses it will be too devastating," I will be VERY happy to say "Robin was right all along!" But I think I'll wait until later tonight before I do so.

cyradaria said...

I remember the Kerry exit polls had him up by 7 p.m. and then came the letdown. I ain't celebratin' till the fat lady sings. Probably in the morning.